Punjab School Education Board class 10th Roll number
The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) came into being through a legislative enactment in November 1969. Mainly for the development and promotion of school education in the state of Punjab. In 1987, the Vidhan Sabha amended the Board’s Act and granted it autonomy. The scope of Board’s functions is very wide and covers almost every aspect of school education. However, a brief account of functions, structure and activities of the Board is given below:
Functions of the Board
1. To make appropriate arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level .At present the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
2. To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of thiswing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
3. To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
4. To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board
5. To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
6. To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education.
Structure of the Board
The Board comprises of four main branches i.e. Academic Branch, Examination Branch, Publication Branch
and Administration/Accounts Branch. These branches control various activities and functions of the Board.
Examinations & Examination Reforms
At present, the Punjab School Education Board conducts the public Examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary level. The following Examination reforms are introduced by the Board from the academic year2010-11.
1. The Middle Standard Examination will be conducted at the school level.
2. Semester System is introduced in class X & XII by the Board to bring about qualitative improvement in
School education. This is in continuation with the Semester system introduced at school level in class IX & XI from academic year 2009-10. Continuous and comprehensive evaluation is introduced along withSemester system.
Affiliation of Schools: The Board has been entrusted with responsibility of granting affiliation to the private schools in the state as per the prescribed rules and guidelines. The Board has affiliated approximately 2700 schools till date.
Quality Education and Development Programs
A special cell to promote quality education in the schools and to organize various educational development programmes has been set up in the Board. The Board has also established ten Adarsh Schools since 1979 in order to provide quality education in the rural areas, on the direction of the Punjab Government.
Open School System
The Board has introduced Open School system in the state to provide Non-formal Education to the students who have not been able to get formal education at Middle, Secondary and Senior Secondary level. Students going for this method of education are imparted guidance through various study centers. Quality study material prepared by the experts of the Board is provided to these students.
Click on the link below to check your results with roll number:
Roll Number Section
- PSEB Contact Details and Numbers :
Inquiry No: 0172-3047444/45/46