AFCAT Question Paper
AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. It is conducted every year for admission in Indian Air Force for flying, technical or ground duty. The Indian Air Force or IAF is one of the most important branches of Indian Defense System. Indian Air Force is the fourth largest air force of the world. Indian Air Force conducts its operation in air. The President of India is the supreme commander-in-chief of the Indian Air Force.
AFCAT Question Paper Analysis
The syllabus of AFCAT exam from the year 2000 till date is similar to the secondary school examination. It consists of following section:
- Verbal Ability,
- Numerical Ability,
- General Awareness and
The time duration of AFCAT question paper is two hours. The AFCAT question paper contains Multiple Choice Questions. There can be 100 or more total number of questions in AFCAT. Each question carries 3 marks. There is negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
Strategy to prepare for AFCAT question paper
- Students should start preparing for AFCAT well in advance to avoid hustle and bustle during exam time.
- Students need to practice from previous years papers. General Awareness paper of AFCAT contain questions from History, Sports, Geography, Environment,Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc. Students can refer book General awareness - pratiyogita darpan or S. Chand’s advanced objective General Knowledge book to start preparing for AFCAT exam. Reading newspaper, accessing internet on regular basis can help students to gather lots of general information for exam purpose.
- English is the basic requisite for any professionand AFCATVerbal Abilitypaper containquestion from Comprehension, Error Detection,Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary to test the Basic knowledge of English language of a student. Students can refer any English competitive or grammar book to prepare for this section.
- Numerical Abilityof AFCAT contains questions of numerical aptitude to test the problem solving skill of a student. Students can start preparation for this section from Quantitative aptitude by R.S. Agarwal. Practice from previous year paper is a good exercise for wholesome preparation for AFCAT exam.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude section contain question to test the analytical skill, reasoning ability of the students. Students can refer book of verbal and nonverbal reasoning by R.S.Agarwal for preparing for AFCAT question paper. Students should practice from previous year papers and give mock test to understand the pattern of paper and resolving their mistakes.