LLB Correspondence from IGNOU
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was started in 1985 to provide quality higher education. IGNOU is named after the ex-Prime Minister of India Late Smt. Indira Gandhi. It is the world's largest university. IGNOU provides quality education in various disciplines, through distance learning for those who lives in remote areas and do nothave access to the higher education, who are unable to join regular courses due to financial and other constraints, professionals aiming for additional qualification.About 1.5 million students in India are currently enrolled in the various programmes of IGNOU.There are 35 countries that are accepting itsundergraduate, post graduate and certificate programmes.
IGNOU maintain standards of distance education and is recognized as a Centre of Excellence by the Commonwealth of Learning (COL). COL offers Executive Management program in India and conduct CEMAT Entrance Examination and management training through IGNOU.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has started school of Law to provide law education through the distance learning mode. The Law school of IGNOU will start a four year Bachelor of Law (LLB) course and will get the recognition from the Bar Council of India as said by the Vice-Chancellor of the University Mr. Rajashekharan Pillai. The School of Law is working in association with the National Legal Literacy Mission to analyze, develop and design the curriculum course and awareness programs for legal literacy.
IGNOU School of Law offers various Law programmes
- Post-graduate diploma in environmental law (PGDENLW) (one year post-graduate diploma jointly offered by IGNOU and WWF-India). Programme is carried through distance as well as online mode with study anytime, and from anywhere. Guidance is provided by eminent personalities from academia and legal practitioners.Eligibility for the course isGraduation from any stream of study and Programme fee would be approx.Rs 10,000/-
- Post-graduate diploma in criminal justice (PGDCJ) (one year post-graduate diploma in criminal justice)
Course is carried through distance mode. This is the course related to emerging developments in criminal justice and enhances the competencies of the professionals working in the area of criminal justice.
Eligibility for the course is to be Graduates in law, criminology, social work and functionaries of criminal justice administration. Programme fee would be approx.Rs 8,000/-
- Certificate in International Humanitarian Law (six months certificate programme jointly offered by IGNOU and ICRC, Delhi). Humanitarian Law is made to brings issues of concern in South Asia and develops competency in understanding IHL. Eligibility for the course is 10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU. Programme fee would be approx. Rs 2,000/-
- Certificate in Anti-human Trafficking (six month certificate programme to understand issues in Anti-human Trafficking). Eligibility for the course is 10+2 or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU. Programme fee would be approx. Rs 2,000/-
- Certificate in Co-operation, Co-operative Law and Business Laws (six months certificate programme). Course develops specialization in cooperative and Business Laws and also provides trained human resource in cooperative law. Eligibility for the course is 10+2 with three years job experience or graduate from any stream. Programme fee would be approx.Rs 6,000/-
Other Law courses offered by IGNOU School of Law
- Ph.D in Law
- Masters in Intellectual Property Law (online)
- PG Diploma in Legal process outsourcing (online) with Rainmaker
- PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights
- Diploma in Paralegal Practice
- PG certificate in Cyber Law
- PG certificate in patent practice
- Certificate in Human rights
- Certificate in Consumer protection