BITSAT Online Test 2012
BITSAT is an online entrance exam conducted for admission in to Birla Institute of Technology and Science for bachelor of enfineering programs in its Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa campuses.
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla - an eminent industrialist and a participant in Indian freedom struggle - started in early 1900s as a small school and blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of international standing.
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani offers degree programmes in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Pharmacy, Management and Humanities at Pilani campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus.
BITS Admission Test(BITSAT'09) is a 3 hour long computer based online test administered at dedicated computer test centers. It is a multiple choice test with syllabus for the same as indicated with the application form.
BITSAT 2012 Eligibility Criteria
For BITSAT admission 2012 to any of the above Integrated First Degree Programs, candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Further the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.
Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2012 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2010 only are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2012 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects / courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2010 or earlier are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2012. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2012.
BITSAT 2012 Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2012. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
BITSAT 2012 Application Procedure
In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT 2012, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered. The prescribed BITSAT 2012 Application Form for admission, the detailed BITSAT 2012 Application procedure and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be available at the BITS website, by Third week of May 2012.
The completed BITSAT 2012 Forms with the required application fee have to be submitted so as to reach the under-mentioned on or before 5.00 PM on Last week of June 2012.
Completed Application Forms for BITSAT 2012 and for BITSAT 2012 Admission are to be sent by registered post / speed post or personally submitted to the under-mentioned so as to reach him before the announced deadlines:
The Admissions Officer,
Pilani – 333 031
BITSAT 2012 Admission Procedure
Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT 2012 by applying in the prescribed application form online. Complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and take the print out of the filled form. The completed application form along with the prescribed fees of Rs.1500/- (Rs.1000/- for female candidates) should be sent to the following address:
The Admissions Officer
Pilani – 333 031.
If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be US $ 50 ( or Indian Rs. 2300/- ). Details for payment of fees are available at the website while applying online.
Deadline to apply for BITSAT 2012 by submitting the completed BITSAT 2012 form to the Admissions Office, BITS Pilani is 5.00 PM on Last week of January 2012.
Those who register for the test and reserve test dates have to download the ‘Hall ticket’, along with instructions, from BITS website as per the schedule given earlier. The tests will be conducted during Second week May, 2012 – Second week of June 2012.
BITSAT 2012 Important Dates
BITSAT 2012 a computer based Online Test for admission to Integrated First Degree Programs Semester 2012 – 2012.
BITSAT 2012 Online Tests: Second week of May 2012 to Second week of June 2012.
BITSAT, 2012 Results is likely to be declared in the month of July, 2012.
BITSAT 2012 Exam Result Date information will be updated soon. Please keep watching this page for further information and regular updates.
BITSAT 2012 Exam Pattern
BITSAT Entrance Exam is totally ‘Computer Based Online test’ means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate submits the answers through the use of key board or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the traditional paper – pencil based test which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. BITSAT 2012 will be offered over a period of time and the candidate can choose the center, the day and time of his / her convenience to take the test, as described in the later sections.
BITSAT 2012 Exam Pattern
BITSAT 2012 will be of total 3 hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts Part I: Physics, Part II: Chemistry, Part III: (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning and Part IV: Mathematics.
All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions) each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark. No marks are awarded for not attempted questions. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer. There will be 150 questions in all. The number of questions in each part is as follows:
(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
1. There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his / her answers among the 150 questions.
2. If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left. These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology only; four questions from each part. Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
3. The questions are so designed that a good student will be able to answer 150 questions in 180 minutes. The extra questions ( a maximum of 12 ) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher. However, candidates should keep in mind the fact that there is negative marking for wrong answers and any attempt to answer the questions by pure guessing of the answers is not likely to have any advantage, but may result in a reduction in the total score.
4. The questions will be selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate.
5. All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only.
6. Each candidate who registers for BITSAT 2012 will be issued a ‘Hall Ticket’. Candidates with the hall ticket only will be allowed inside the test centers. Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centers. Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles.
7. All centers are closely monitored for security and candidates’ identity and activities will be recorded using web cameras and/or closed circuit TV cameras. Anyone violating the rules of the test center will not be allowed to continue with the test and will be automatically disqualified.
BITSAT 2012 Courses Offered
(i) BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing .
M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
M.Sc.(Tech.): General Studies, Finance, Information Systems.
(ii) BITS, Pilani – Goa Campus :
B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics. and
M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems.
(iii) BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus :
B.E.(Hons.): Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical.
M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences, Chemistry; Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems.
BITSAT 2012 Syllabus
The BITSAT-2012 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. The detailed syllabus is given in the Annexure. Candidates may refer to the NCERT text books for the contents. Here we are given 2012 BITSAT Syllabus for students advantage. Candidates can download all BITSAT 2012 syllabus by clicking on the below attachment.
BITSAT Contact Details
BITS, Pilani - 333 031 (Rajasthan) India.