Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) Entrance Exam
- AIMS Entrance Exam 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- AIMS Entrance Exam 2012 Application Procedure
- AIMS Entrance Exam 2012 Important Dates
- AIMS 2012 Entrance Examination Pattern
- AIMS Entrance Examination Centers
- AIMS Entrance Examination Coaching Centers
- AIMS Entrance Examination 2012 Syllabus
- AIMS Contact Details
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS)conducts an entrance examination for admission of students in to its under-graduate medical courses like MBBS, BDS & B.A.M.S. The entrance exam is conducted at the various centers all ovet the country.
Mata Amritanandamayi is the founder of Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and was inaugurated on May 17, 1998 by the Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The Mata Amritanandamayi Math is the parent organization of this institute. A large number of candidates appear for this entrance examination in order to get admission in AIMS for MBBS course.
AIMS Entrance Exam 2012 Eligibility Criteria
1.Candidate must have attained the minimum age of 17 Years and maximum 23 Years on or before 31st December of the last year of the exam conducting year.
2.Candidate should have cleared 10+2(12th) standard in the first attempt and must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology & English individually with atleast 60% marks in English and 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, from any State Higher Secondary Board or equivalent.
3. NRI’s and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who qualify from foreign universities will have to produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
4.Candidates who appear for the qualifying examination in March / April can also apply for the test.
AIMS Entrance Exam 2012 Application Procedure
a.The application forms for AIMS Medical entrance Exam shall be available by March in Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences. Applicants can obtain the prospectus and Application forms from the branches of Dhanalaxmi Bank and Federal bank from March 2012.
b. Application Form Fee: Rs.1, 250/-
c. Candidates can also obtain the application forms from the offices by speed post or by courier by paying Rs.1320/-
d. Applicants can also Download the application form from the website (www.amrita.edu) and submit along with a DD for Rs.1320/-
e. DD should be drawn in the favor of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, payable at Kochi.
f. Application forms can be submitted online.
g. Requests for applications may be sent to:
The Admission Co Ordinator,
Office of Admissions,
Amrita Health Sciences Campus,
Kochi, Kerala – 682 041,
AIMS Entrance Exam 2012 Important Dates
Date of joint Examination will be by fourth week May, 2012
Application forms will be available by last week of January, 2012
Final date of submission of application form 1st week February, 2012
AIMS 2012 Entrance Examination Pattern
The paper will be consisting of 200 Objective type questions. The paper should be answered within 180 minutes. Total duration of the exam is three hours. The pattern is as follows:
No. of Questions
General Knowledge and English Questions
AIMS Entrance Examination Centers
- Amritapuri (Kollam)
- New Delhi
AIMS Entrance Examination Coaching Centers
AGG Group of Institutes
Brilliant Tutorials PVT.LTD
Career Forum Warangal
Engineers Study Circle
Sreekrishna Entrance Coaching Centre
AIMS Entrance Examination 2012 Syllabus
The entrance test will mainly cover questions based on Chemistry, Physics and Biology of plus two portions. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (University) along with the directives of the Medical Council of India gives the approval of the syllabus.
AIMS Entrance Examination Physics Syllabus
- Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei.
- Crystal structure-. Cell; single, poly and liquid crystal (concepts only).
- Current Electricity.
- Description of Motion in One Dimension.
- Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions.
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents.
- Electromagnetic Waves (Qualitative Treatment).
- Electrons and Photons.
- Heat and Thermodynamics.
- Introduction and Measurement.
- Laws of Motion.
- Magnetic Effect of Currents.
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments.
- Rotational Motion.
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices.
- Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents.
- Work, Energy and Power.
AIMS Entrance Examination Chemistry Syllabus
- Atomic structure.
- Chemical bonding.
- Chemical energetic.
- Chemical kinetics.
- Chemical thermodynamics.
- Chemistry in everyday life.
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties.
- Coordination compounds.
- Environmental Chemistry.
- Equilibrium in physical and chemical processes Ionic equilibrium.
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements.
- Organic Compounds with functional group containing nitrogen.
- Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens (X).
- Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen.
- P-Block Elements.
- Purification and characterization of carbon compounds.
- Redox reactions.
- S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth metals).
- Solid state Chemistry.
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry.
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry.
- States of matter.
- Surface chemistry.
- The d-and f-Block elements.
AIMS Entrance Examination Biology (Botany and Zoology) Syllabus
- Biology and Human Welfare.
- Biotechnology and its Applications.
- Cell: Structure and Function.
- Diversity in Living World.
- Ecology and Environment.
- Genetics and Evolution.
- Reproduction and Development in Humans.
- Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants.
- Structure and Function - Animals.
- Structure and Function – Plants.
The syllabus of English section is basic Grammar and Vocabulary etc. For General Knowledge section students can refer to events and current affairs.
AIMS Contact Details
Amrita School of Medicine,
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences,
Elamakkara P.O.Kochi-682 026