SPSC Examinations are conducted by the State Public Service Commission for appointments to the Services of the Union and the Services of the State respectively. The State Public Service Commission is an important institution created by the Constitution whose main task is to advise the State in the matter of selection and appointment of select personnel to Government service. The duty of these personnel is that of running the administration of the State at various levels. There are approximately 28 SPSC in India. Such as Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission, Goa Public Service Commission, Kerala Public Service Commission.etc.
The State Public Service Commission (S.P.S.C) Entrance Exams for Eligibility and Application Procedure
1. The notifications for the SPSC exams will be notified in Employment News and as well as other leading Indian newspapers.
2. Candidates who are no less than 21 years and not above 28 years of age are eligible to apply for this examination.
3. There are relaxations in upper age limit to the SC and ST example like Servicemen, physically handicapped and the employees of the State Government.
4. Even though the examination is conducted as an all India competition but during the interview it is desirable for the candidates to know the language, culture, and customs of the concerned State.
5. The applications for the SPSC Entrance Exam can be got from the Head Post offices of the State. The value of the applications will range from Rs. 30/- to Rs. 150/-. More details about the exam can be got from the concerned State PSC website. After filling in the form, the candidates must send it to the concerned address as soon as possible.
S.P.S.C Examination Pattern and Admission Process
1.The exam pattern of the SPSC is similar to that of the UPSC exam. Even the preliminary examination is similar to that of civil services examination except for the few questions asked about custom, traditions, planning and problems of the State concerned.
2.The smaller States with comparatively lesser number of vacancies and lesser candidates may skip the preliminary examination. Based on the geographical area of the state, the Centers for examination are determined.
3.For the Main examination most of the States have adopted the syllabus and pattern of the Civil Services examination. The only difference usually is that the language papers example English and regional language papers are full-fledged papers and marks obtained in these subjects are also included for preparing the final merit list. Besides, in the General Studies paper, the questions on socio-economic conditions, planning, customs, culture of the particular State may also appear.
4.The final merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained in the main examination as well as the interview and personality test and next viva voce. Later the candidates declared successful are allotted services on the basis of their rank and choice of the service after providing for reservations.
Types of S.P.S.C Education Examinations in India
State Public Service Commission Assistant Registrar Cooperative Societies Examination
State Public Service Commission Block Development Officer Examination
State Public Service Commission Deputy District Officer Part I Examination
State Public Service Commission Deputy District Officer Part II Examination
State Public Service Commission Deputy Superintendents of Police Examination
State Public Service Commission District Employment Officer Examination
State Public Service Commission District Food and Supplies Controller or Officer Examination
State Public Service Commission District Treasury Officer Examination
State Public Service Commission District Welfare Officer Examination
State Public Service Commission Excise and Taxation Officer Examination
State Public Service Commission Revenue Qualifying Examination
State Public Service Commission State Civil Services, Class-I (SCS) Examination
State Public Service Commission State Police Service, Class-I (SPS) Examination
State Public Service Commission Subordinate Accounts Service for Senior Auditors in LFA Department Examination
State Public Service Commission Subordinate Accounts Service for Treasury Accountants Examination
State Public Service Commission Subordinate Accounts Service for Treasury Clerks Examination
State Public Service Commission Tehsildar/Talukadar/ Assistant Collector Examination