SET Exam 2010 Tamilnadu
The State Eligibility Test (SET) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for lecturship. The examination will be conducted at Coimbatore, Madurai and Chennai. G Thiruvasagam, Chairman of SET committee and Vice-Chancellor of Bharathiar University, said that from this year onwards, Philosophy, Law, Management Science, Library Science and Physical Education has been added to the existing list of 25 subjects for qualifying in the State.
Date of SET: 14.8.2011
Availability of Application Forms: 14.6.11
Last Date for submission of Application: 14.6.11
- The candidates must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.
- The candidates other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marks(without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
- Those candidates who have secured even 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% Marks or below for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree examination are NOT eligible for this test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates) These candidates must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.
- Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear for SET Examination
- Candidates who have completed Ph.D. and had passed Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks (without grace marks as explained above) are also eligible to appear for SET examination.
- Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. Their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility condition with reference to the documents enclosed with their application or as may be called for.
Availability of forms:
The forms will be available at the various centers from the month of May. Students willing to take admission in the various institutes have to collect an application form from the various centers. Care should be taken while up the application form and have to follow all the rules mentioned in the application form. The applicants have to submit the dully filled application form within 14.6.11
SET Examination consists of three papers.(Paper I,Paper II,Paper III)
This paper is designed to judge the teaching and research aptitude of the candidates. It is focused on reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
It consists of 60 multiple choice questions out of which the candidate has to answer only 50. All the questions carry equal marks. Candidates who are attempting more than 50 questions, the first fifty questions will be evaluated.
This paper is the descriptive type of questions. The candidate has to answer in the space provided in the test book let.
Paper III will be evaluated only if the student qualifies in Paper I and II with minimum cut off marks.
Below you can find the Syllabus list of various Subjects for SET Exam conducted by Bharathiyar University Tamil Nadu.
- SET General paper on teaching and research aptitude Syllabus
- SET Chemical Sciences Syllabus
- SET Commerce Syllabus
- SET Computer science and Application Syllabus
- SET Economics Syllabus
- SET Education Syllabus
- SET Electronic Science Syllabus
- SET English Syllabus
- SET Geography Syllabus
- SET Hindi Syllabus
- SET History Syllabus
- SET Home Science Syllabus
- SET Law Syllabus
- SET Library and Information Science Syllabus
- SET Life Sciences Syllabus
- SET Management Syllabus
- SET Mass Communication and Journalism Syllabus
- SET Mathematical Sciences Syllabus
- SET Philosophy Syllabus
- SET Physical Education Syllabus
- SET Physical Sciences Syllabus
- SET Political Science Syllabus
- SET Psychology Syllabus
- SET Public Administration Syllabus
- SET Social Work Syllabus
- SET Sociology Syllabus
- SET Tamil Syllabus