Orissa JEE 2010 Counselling
Orissa JEE 2010 Counselling
The Orissa Joint Entrance Examination (Orissa JEE 2010) for the year 2010 - 2011, Orissa held on Sunday, April 18th, 2010 at selected centres for admission to the first year Degree courses in Engineering/Technology, MBBS/BDS, Pharmacy, MCA, MBA and to the Lateral Entry of State candidates to third semester of degree courses in Engineering/Technology, and Pharmacy.
Orissa Joint Entrance Examination, also known as Orissa JEE or Odisha JEE, result 2010 has been declared on 20 May 2010.
Counselling for Orissa JEE 2010 will be start from 25 June 2010 on below given Schedule.
Schedule of OJEE 2010 Counseling
Schedule For Engineering
No of Days
Date of Registration
Document Verification, Counselling Fees & Part Admission Fees Deposit
1st Round Seat allotment
Exercising Option for Upgradation
Reporting at Institute
|2nd round Seat allotment||1||28-07-2010|
|Reporting at Institute||3||29-07-2010|
GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
The qualified candidates of OJEE-10 are required to register ONLINE through Internet from places of their convenience through the OJEE counselling websitehttp:// www.ojee.nic.in to participate in counselling process. The detailed procedure is described below.
1. A candidate has to open the website www.ojee.nic.in and click on "Click for New Registration".
2. All the streams (Engg., Medical etc.) will appear on the computer screen; click on the desired stream to register as a new candidate. Follow the instructions given on the screen.
3. Enter the following as indicated in the Admit Card:
(b) Roll number
(c) Application number
(d) Date of Birth
- The data submitted by the candidate will be verified with the OJEE-2010 database and if it matches then only the candidate will be permitted to proceed further and the candidate is required to give his own password.
- The length of the password must be minimum 6 and maximum 12 characters.
- Next time, the candidate can login directly with Roll Number as login ID and the chosen password as Password by clicking “Registered User Login”. Whenever the candidates login, they have to LOGOUT at the end.
- Candidates are advised to record/remember their password for all future Logins.
- Confidentiality of the password is the sole responsibility of the candidate and all care must be taken to protect its security.
- Candidates are advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. OJEE is not responsible for violation or misuse of the password of the candidate.
- If a candidate forgets his/her password, the additional information provided by the candidate at the time of registration will be used to get the new password. Hence, every candidate has to enter the required additional information as indicated in the registration form at the time of registration.
- A candidate can change his/her password after login, if desired.
4. After login, the personal data of the candidate will automatically appear on the screen as per OJEE-2010 database. The candidate must verify his/her personal data. In case of discrepancies, the candidates are required to bring the same to the notice of OJEE for the rectification of the same well in time; otherwise such discrepancies may lead to cancellation of the allotted seat. Candidate can take a printout of the registration form with the above personal data.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to verify his/her personal data, including category, subcategory, state of eligibility and gender as per documentary evidence. By changing the category, sub category, state of eligibility and gender, eligibility of the candidate may change. OJEE is not responsible for any omissions in the details and its consequence thereafter.
- If the personal data verified and submitted by the candidate is found to be wrong at the time of verification of certificates during remote reporting or at a later stage, the allotment of seat/provisional admission is liable to be cancelled.
- Once this personal data is verified and submitted, the candidate will not be allowed to change the personal data under any circumstances.
- Forgotten Password option will help to regenerate/change the forgotten Password
DOCUMENT FOR VERIFICATION AND PAYMENT OF COUNSELLING FEE
The candidate has to go to a designated Nodal Centre for verification of relevant documents. Two sets (set 1 and set 2) of certificates as per your eligibility MUST be produced during document verification as detailed below.
A. SET 1
1. Original Rank Card.
2. Checklist signed by the candidate at the bottom (Annexure 1) in original.
3. Photocopy of H.S.C. or any other relevant certificate showing the date of birth.
4. Photocopy of 10 2 Pass certificate (For Engineering, Medical & Pharmacy) or Final Diploma Pass Certificate (for Lateral Entry) or 3 pass certificate (For MCA, MBA, & B.Sc. Lateral Entry).
5. Photocopy of the 10 2 Mark Sheet (For Engineering, Medical & Pharmacy) or Diploma Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry) or 3 Mark sheet and 2 Mark sheet (For MCA, MBA, & B.Sc. Lateral Entry).
6. Original School Leaving / College Leaving Certificate.
7. Original Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended (Appendix VI)
8. Original Permanent Resident Certificate (Appendix–I) / Photocopy of Land Passbook / Photocopy of any other certificate issued by Government of Orissa in relation to Permanent Residence / Nativity.
9. Original Certificate of Employment of Candidate’s parent / Spouse (Appendix – II) Employer: Government of Orissa / Government of India / Government of India Undertakings and / Government of Orissa Undertakings located in Orissa at the time of application.
10. Original SC/ST certificate by birth (Appendix–III)/ Photocopy of Land Passbook / Photocopy of any other certificate issued by Government of Orissa in relation to Caste/Tribe.
11. Photocopy of Green Card issued by Family Welfare Department of Orissa.
12. Original Certificate of Ex-serviceman in Appendix – IV.
13. Photocopy of Certificate in support of Non-Resident Oriya (NRO)/ Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
14. Other relevant documents, if any
B. SET 2
(After verification these original certificates would be returned to you)
1. Original H.S.C. or any other relevant certificate showing the date of birth
2. Original 10 2 Pass certificate (For Engineering, Medical & Pharmacy) or Final Diploma Pass Certificate (For Lateral Entry) or 3 pass certificate (For MCA, MBA, & B.Sc. Lateral Entry).
3. Original 10 2 Mark Sheet (For Engineering, Medical & Pharmacy) or Diploma Mark Sheet (For Lateral Entry) or 3 Mark sheet and 2 Mark sheet (For MCA, MBA, & B.Sc. Lateral Entry).
4. Original Land Passbook / Any other certificate in original issued by Government of Orissa in relation to Permanent Residence / Nativity.
5. Original Land Passbook / Any other certificate in original issued by Government of Orissa in relation to Caste/Tribe.
6. Original Green Card (after admission it will be stamped and returned).
7. Other relevant documents, if any
NOTE: The candidate may keep photocopies of all the original documents submitted at the time of counseling.
C. COUNSELLING FEE
The candidate has to pay a non-refundable Counselling Fee of Rs. 350/-. This amount is payable through an Account Payee Bank Draft in favour of, “JEE-2010” drawn on any Nationalized Bank Payable at Burla.
ADMISSION RULES FOR JEE - 2010, Orissa
1. A candidate can seek admission at the Counselling only against a valid JEE-2010 rank card.
2. The original certificates will be verified and one set of photo copies required to be submitted during document verification at the time of Counseling. The candidates are not required to produce the original certificates at College level. Only attested copies of original certificates and mark-sheets can be deposited at the College level after Counselling.
3. Admission through lateral entry shall be done through JEE counselling and the number of vacant seats of 1st year will be considered as per data submitted by the Chairman, JEE-2009, Orissa. As a pre-requisite for admission under lateral entry, the candidates have to secure 60% of marks in Diploma from SCTE&VT, Orissa or equivalent; they have to produce the pass certificate during the time of counselling. They must be permanent resident of Orissa.
4. A candidate selected through the counselling for a course in a college is automatically admitted as a registered student of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), if the college is a constituent / affiliated college of the University. The student receives a Provisional Admission Letter. Against the Provisional Admission Letter, a student is automatically admitted as a student into the course and the college that he/she is assigned to, at the counselling. Such candidate shall receive the registration card from BPUT. Candidates admitted to Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT), Burla shall receive the Registration Card from VSSUT.
5. The candidate has to pay a non-refundable Counselling Fee of Rs. 350/-. This amount is payable through an Account Payee Bank Draft in favour of, "JEE-2010" drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Burla.
6. A candidate has to pay Rs.16000/- towards a part of admission fees through another A/C Payee Bank Draft in favour of "JEE -2010" drawn on any Nationalized Bank payable at Burla. After deduction of the University (BPUT/VSSUT) fee of Rs. 4500/- (for a 4-year programme; as per clause 1.8.2 of Information Brochure) the balance from this amount shall be paid to the admitting College. It may be noted that this amount may not cover all payables required by the admitting College.
7. A candidate who accepts an admission letter for admission into the allotted college forfeits the fee paid by him/her at the time of counselling if he/she decides not to join / withdraw from the college and courses.
8. The Rank Card of the admitted candidate shall be surrendered at the time of document verification during the counseling to prevent admission of a candidate to more than one course / college.
9. A candidate who does not receive the JEE-2010 Rank Card or has lost the Rank Card can obtain a duplicate Rank Card from OJEE-10 control room at VSSUT, Burla by paying the prescribed fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) in favour of "JEE - 2010", drawn on any Nationalised Bank and payable at Burla.
ONLINE CHOICE FILLING AND LOCKING
Procedure for submission of choices or seeking other information is provided through a menu driven interface. Itguides the candidates through appropriate online messages to have smooth operations. Information relating to Streams/Courses (Engineering, Architecture etc.), Branches (Electronics, Computer Science, etc.) and Categories (SC, ST, GC, EX-Service, Women etc.) will be accessible through corresponding dropdown menu for the purpose of exercising choices.
The State of Domicile, Category (Gen, SC, ST etc.), Physically Handicapped, Green Card, ex-Servicemen etc., Gender (Male/Female), Merit Number (Rank), etc., will automatically appear as per the available data of the candidate. All the registered candidates are required to exercise their choices of their branches and institutions in their order of preference. The detailed procedure is described below:
1. The procedure for exercising choices and seeking pertinent information is guided through appropriate messages and tabs on the computer screen.
2. As per the eligibility of the candidate, available seat information relating to institutions, disciplines (Engineering/ Technology/Architecture/MBA/MCA/MBBS/ BDS/ PHARMACY), branches (e.g., Electronics Engineering,Computer Science, etc.) will be displayed.
3. The candidate can give as many numbers of choices in the order of preference as he/she wishes from the list of available seats.
4. The candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or reorder their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their choices on or before the specified date and time mentioned in the counseling schedule.
LOCKING OF THE CHOICES
After filling the choices in the order of preference, the candidate must lock his/her choices. If a candidate does not lock after final choice filling, then it will be automatically locked after the last date and time of choice filling is over. It is stronglynadvised that the candidates MUST lock their choices on or before the specified date and time.
1. However, candidates are advised to lock their choices well in advance instead of waiting till the deadline.
2. After locking of the choices, the candidates can change their choices by using unlock option before the specified deadline. After the specified deadline the lock/unlock facility will not be available and the candidates cannot change the choices under any circumstances.
3. After locking of the choices, a printable version of the choices is displayed. A print-out of these locked choices is to be preserved by the candidate for future reference.
4. After locking the choices, if a candidate logs in again, then the locked choices given by the candidate will only be displayed.
III. SEAT ALLOTMENT, REPORTING AT NODAL CENTRE, PART PAYMENT OF ADMISSIONFEESANDOPTIONFOR UPGRADATION
During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted in the order of merit based on their locked choices. The allotment result will be available on the website www.ojee.nic.in and through SMS. No individual "Letter of Seat Allotment" shall be sent to the successful candidates. The provisional Letter of Seat Allotment can be downloaded from the website. The successful candidates have to go to any one of the nodal centers for reporting.
SEAT ALLOTMENT PROCEDURE:
For allotment of a seat, OJEE Rank is not the only criteria but the eligibility, priority (for ES only) and reservation criteria of candidates are also checked. For any course, before the allotment starts, the following three steps are required to be completed.
Step-1: The documents are verified and the candidate is found eligible against category/reservation etc. The non-refundable counselling fee of Rs. 350/- is deposited.
Step-2: The candidates have successfully registered against desired stream(s). If a candidate has appeared for more than one stream, then he/she has to register separately for all the streams. Counselling fee is to be deposited only once.
Step-3: The candidate has filled up the choices and locked it successfully. The candidate is advised to give as many choices as desirable. There is no maximum limit for the choice filling.
The candidateswho have successfully executed all these three steps above are considered for the seat allotment.
For Engineering, at the time of counselling for admission, a candidate figuring in the merit list for both Reserved and General Categoriesmay first exercise his/her option for the college and discipline for admission under reserved category.
A candidate, who forgoes his /her option under reserved categories, is entitled to exercise his/her option subsequently forthe college and discipline for admission according to his/her merit position under general category. The Round wise counselling for Engineering is as described below.
For Engineering Direct Entry into 1st Year.
Round-1: This will be done in three passes. In the first pass, only the ES category candidates shall be allotted seats considering their Priority and OJEE Rank. In the second pass, all the AIEEE candidates will be allotted seats. Then, in the third pass, all Eligible Candidates will be processed on the General Rank basis. In the pass-1 the candidates belonging to ES category are allotted the seats from ES category only according to their priority. If two candidates are having the same priority then the merit rank in OJEE-2010 will be taken into consideration. No other reservation category will be considered during this Pass-1 for the candidates.
In Pass-2, all the AIEEE candidates will be allotted seats. If a candidate is having both AIEEE and OJEE ranks, then he/ she will be allotted only on the basis of AIEEE rank in this pass. If a candidate is already allotted a seat in Pass-1 from the ES category, then in the Pass-2, it will be checked, whether the candidate is getting a better choice in AIEEE and if so, then the AIEEE seat will be allotted and the seat allotted in Pass-1 will be cancelled, otherwise, the seat allotted in Pass- 1 will be preserved.
In the Pass-3, the candidates of Pass-1 and Pass-2 are also considered during the processing. The candidate who has got his/her Choice-I in Pass-1 or Pass-2 will not be processed. Here, if a candidate gets better benefit will be allotted the seat, otherwise, the seat allotted during Pass-I or Pass-2 is preserved. In the Pass-3, the processing will be done on the General Rank basis. If a candidate has a rank in reservation (SC/ST, GC, PH) category, those will be processed first and then the rank in general category will be processed based upon the choices exercised by the candidate.
Round-2: Upgradation of Round-1 result: The candidates of Round-1 allotment result are required to report in the concerned Nodal Centres. If the candidate is willing for upgradation then he/she has to submit his/her willingness in the Nodal Centre during reporting. The allotted candidate who does not report within the specified time period or not submitting his/her willingness for upgradation during reporting will not be considered for subsequent rounds of iallotment or upgradation. Those who have been allotted their Ist choice will not be considered for upgradation.
Pass -1: ES candidates
Pass-2: AIEEE candidates
Pass -3: Other candidates
Round-3: Upgradation of Round-2 result. Same procedure of Round-2 is applicable here.
Round-4: Conversion of all the left out seats of ST, SC, PH, GC, Ex-Servicemen, NRO, Outside (ZZ) and General (Women) to General (Combined) and make the allotment on General rank basis. AIEEE seats will be converted to OJEE General Seats.
Only One Pass of processing will be done in this round as well as in subsequent rounds basing on the General Rank of OJEE-2010.
Round-5: Conversion (if any) and Upgradation of Round-4 results
For Engineering Lateral Entry to 2nd Year (Engineering Diploma Holders)
From the total seats reserved for Lateral entry, 80% seats are reserved for Engineering Diploma Holders). There is no reservation of SC, ST, Women, GC, PH or ES for Lateral entry in Engineering.
Round-1: The candidates will be allotted on General Rank Basis.
Round-2: Upgradation of the Round-1 allotment result.
Similarly Round No 3, 4, and 5 will be upgradation of its previous round allotment results.
For Engineering Lateral Entry to 2nd Year (B.Sc. Degree Holders)
From the total seats reserved for Lateral entry, 20% seats are reserved for B.Sc. Degree Holders). The candidate must have Mathematics in B.Sc level with 60% marks in aggregate. There is no reservation of SC, ST, Women, GC, PH or ES for Lateral entry in Engineering.
Round-1: The candidates will be allotted on General Rank Basis.
Round-2: Upgradation of the Round-1 allotment result.
Similarly Round No 3, 4 and 5 will be upgradation of its previous round allotment results.