JSPL Recruitment 2011
Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL), the name itself is the symbolic of leading player in Steel, Power, Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure in our country. JSPL is the dream of young Engineers. To keep it in mind JSPL offering an opportunity for the fresh Graduate Engineers to associate with them as trainee.
Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) has published an advertisement for the recruitment of Graduate Engineers Trainees (GETs). The details of the Recruitment process of GETs are mentioned in the below
Total Vacancies in Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) : 400
Qualification: Bachelors/Masters Degree in Engineering/Technology in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation and Control/ Metallurgical and Civil Engineering from a recognized university/ Institute with Minimum 60% marks throughout the academic years (10th, 12th / Diploma, Degree)
Candidates graduating in 2011 (Currently in VII Semester) are also eligible to apply
Age criteria for Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL):
- B. Tech/B.E. Candidates born on or after 01/01/1986
- M. Tech/M.E. Candidates born on or after 01/01/1984
Selection Procedure for Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) :
- Written Test (Domain Test + Aptitude Test)
- Group Discussion (GD will be of 10 mins)
- Personal Interview (PI) (Technical + HR, , technical interview will be conducted by chief engineer of JSPL, then HR interview )
- Physical Fitness Assessment
Final merit list will be prepared in the following way:
- 60% (written)+10%(GD)+20%(technical interview)+10%(HR interview)
JSPL has always stressed on working with a fresh talent pool. The Company hires fresh engineers at the entry level under the Graduate Engineers Training Program (GET). GET has been introduced to facilitate the young engineers so that the company can shaped them as per the working standards and methodology. The first All India GET Recruitment process was started in the year 2007, where 125 fresh engineer graduates from 4 disciplines include mechanical, electrical, I&C & metallurgical were hired by JSPL.
Recruitment details under GET are as follows:
GET Recruitment Activities
No. of Applications received
Candidates appeared in the Written Test
Candidates called for GD & Interview
270 offers made
Percentage: SL 4/SL 2
Engineering Disciplines Recruited
Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Metallurgical
Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Metallurgical,
Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Metallurgical, Civil, E&C
The offer letters to the selected candidates will be sent through e-mail and courier. Date of Joining will be announced at a later date. Tentatively it shall be in the month of July for the fresh graduates.
The new recruits, at first, are adjusted to professional culture, values and also to the systems, quality procedures, etc. They also go through awareness training on the safety procedures. All the GETs undergo well-designed class room training for 3 months in which they are trained in the following:
- Behavioral aspects such as Team Building, Attitude transformation, Communication skills, Decision making & Problem Solving
- MDP on Iron, Steel & Power by reputed training institutes like IIPM, NISST, TAACT etc.
JSPL offers attractive remuneration packages to GETs Trainees in order to recognize and retain the best talent. This recruitment policy has helped to develop JSPL’s brand image and made considerable awareness about the company among the student organization.
SBI payment Challan Form (Pay in Slip) is available on the Application Registration Portal home page. The applicant will get 3 copies of the payment form; one for self, one for SBI & one for JSPL. The JSPL Copy needs to be submitted by the candidates on the test day without which candidates will not be allowed to appear for the written test.
Before registering their application on the website the candidates have to possess the following
Stamped Copy of the SBI Challan Form/Pay in Slip of ‘500/- paid as examination fee with Journal Number and Branch Code. (‘25 additional to be paid to SBI as Bank Charges)
1) Candidates have to give a Valid e-mail ID.
2) Digital Passport Size Photograph in pen drive or in the computer, which will be required while filling the Online Application Form.
- Journal Number and Branch Code will be provided by SBI Fee Collecting Branch.
- JSPL may increase or decrease the number of posts to be filled based on requirement.
- Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as per standards lay down under JSPL Policy.
- All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/interview call letters etc. shall be provided through email. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admits card invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate.
- After applying online, candidate is required to print the system generated RegistrationSlip with unique registration number and other essential details.
- The eligible candidates who are issued Admit Cards for the Written Test are to bringalon with them.
- Original Signed Copy of the Registration Slip.
- Admit Card downloaded from the JSPL website
- The courses offered by Autonomous Institution should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved / recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) UGC/AICTE.
- Whenever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in a degree is awarded; equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the application (online) as per norms adopted by university/Institute.
- No request for change of examination center shall be entertained. However JSPL reserve the right to cancel or add any centre depending on the response in that area/centre.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of qualifying examination may also apply.
- Candidates should retain a photocopy of their Pay in Slip and Registration slip for future reference.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Delhi.
1) Starting date for submitting application through website - August 25,2010
2) Closing date for submitting application through website - September 24,2010
3) Intimation to eligible candidates regarding examination/admit cards etc. by email - October 15, 2010
4) Written Test - October 31, 2010
In the nine major cities across the India Written test and Interview will be conducted by the JSPL.
2011 Important dates will update soon.......