International Conference on Management IBSAICON
Dec 23, 2010
International Conference on Management
IBSAICON '09 CONFERENCE
JAN. 02-04, 2009
CONFERENCE THEME : VISION 2020 - Managerial Challenges & Strategies
The beginning of the 21st century is a story of resurgent India. How India can sustain on that resurgence in the world arena is a point of study. While there are many perspectives of visions of India's future, India needs to address many fundamental issues, before it can hold centre stage in world affairs.
What then are the fundamental managerial challenges affecting India which it needs to address and how can we come up with strategies for the same.
With this perspective, IBS Ahmedabad, opens up its doors to a lively 3-day 3rd International Conference on Management - IBSA-ICON 09 - at Ahmedabad between 02nd and 04th January 2009 for a constructive dialogue on managerial issues to confront the challenges with suitable strategies.
The Conference offers an opportunity for researchers, policy makers and industry practitioners from across the globe to engage in a constructive dialogue on Vision 2020-Managerial Challenges & Strategies. The Conference program is designed to offer a mix of research papers, presentations including case studies, invited lectures and roundtable/panel discussions. On the first day there will be 5 plenary sessions on the sub-themes, followed by about 25 technical sessions on the second day and 3 plenary sessions on the last day of the Conference.
CALL FOR PAPERS :
As an integral part of the Conference, papers on the theme - both conceptual as also empirical are invited from : Researchers including students from educational institutions and universities in India and Abroad
* Professionals including executives, practitioners and consultants from industry in
India and Abroad
* Policy makers, professional bodies and associations.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE :
Day 1 : Friday, 2nd January 2009 :
08.45 AM - 09.45 AM Delegate Registration
09.45 AM - 10.00 AM Inauguration
10.00 AM - 11.30 AM Plenary Session 1 : India & Global Business Scenario
1. Shri Jay Narayan Vyas - Minister of Health & Tourism, Govt. of Gujarat
2. Dr. Mary Callaghan - Chair-Business, Argosy University, USA
3. Dr. Bharat Thakkar - Professor - Business, Argosy University, USA
4. Dr. Sankar Ramamurthy - Executive Director, Price Water House Coopers, Delhi
11.30 AM - 11.45 AM Tea Break
11.45 AM - 01.15 PM Plenary Session 2 : Empowering India Through Technology
1. Dr. Subhas Misra - Harvard University, USA.
2. Mr. David Appasamy - CCO, Sify Corpn., Chennai
3. Mr. R.K. Arnold* - Secretary, TRAI, New Delhi.
4. Mr. R. Chandrashekhar* - Special Secretary, Min. of I.T., Govt. of India
01.15 PM - 02.15 PM Lunch Break
02.15 PM - 03.45 PM Plenary Session 3 : Challenges in Education & Human Development
1. Dr. Kiran Bedi - Chairperson, Safer India, New Delhi.
2. Mr. Hasmukh Adhiya, I.A.S.* - Principal Secretary -Education, Govt. of Gujarat
3. Dr. Ajay Nangalia - MD & Executive Coach, Equity Learning, Bangalore.
4. Dr. Subhash Sharma* - Dean, IBA, Bangalore.
5. Dr. Binod Agarwal* - Director, TALEEM, Ahmedabad.
03.45 PM - 04.00 PM Tea Break
04.00 PM - 05.30 PM Plenary Session 4 : Energy Security
1. Mr. Arun Balakrishnan - CMD, Hindustan Petroleum Corpn. Ltd., Mumbai.
2. Mr. U.C. Nangia* - Director, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, GOI
3. Mr. P. Vijaya Raghavan* - Site President, RIL, IPCL, Vadodara
4. Mr. Mukesh Bhandari* - MD, Electrotherm India, Ahmedabad
06.00 PM - 07.30 PM Cultural Entertainment
07.30 PM - 09.00 PM Dinner
Day 2 : Saturday, 3rd January 2009 :
09.30 AM - 01.15 PM Technical Sessions
01.15 PM - 02.15 PM Lunch Break
02.15 PM - 05.30 PM Technical Sessions
Day 3 : Sunday, 4th January 2009
09.30 AM - 11.00 AM Plenary Session 5 : Healthcare & Pharma sector
1. Mr. M. Venkateswarlu* - Drug Controller of India, New Delhi.
2. Dr. Praful Pawar - CEO, Apollo Hospitals, Ahmedabad.
3. Mr. Coumara Radja - Sr. GM (Intl. Marketing), Lupin Labs, Mumbai.
4. Dr. Manjul Joshipura - Director, Institute of Trauma Technology, Ahmedabad
11.00 AM - 11.15 AM Tea Break
11.15 AM - 12.45 PM Plenary Session 6 : Infrastructure for Growth & Development
1. Dr. D.C. Anjaria, - Director, Guj. International Financial Tech City, G'Nagar
2. Mr. Sushil Handa* - Director, Claris, Ahmedabad
3. Mr. Juxay Shah* - Director, Savvy Infrastructure, Ahmedabad.
12.45 PM - 2.00 PM Plenary Session 7 : Empowering the Bottom of the Pyramid
1. Dr. H.C. Pattnaik - CGM, State Bank of India, Ahmedabad.
2. Mr. P. Dinakara Rao - Director, Alpha Foundation, Hyderabad.
3. Mr. Bhushan Pumani - Executive Director, Blind Peoples Association, A'bad.
4. Mr. Vijay kumar Jha* - Vice Chairman, Sulabh International, Ahmedabad.
For more details, visit http://www.ibsaicon.org/winter.html#a4
Was this article useful?