APPSC Drugs Inspector 2010 Entrance Examination
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) was started in 1956 with the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh. Earlier, there was Andhra Public Service Commission in the Andhra State and Hyderabad Public Service Commission in the Hyderabad State.
Duties and functions of APPSC
The legal responsibilities of the commission are as follows:
- Direct Recruitment
- Recruitment by transfer
- Statutory rules relating to services
- Disciplinary cases and regulations
- Reimbursement of legal expenses
- Wound and extraordinary pension cases
Commission is also conferred with the responsibilities of:
- Conduct of Departmental Tests for several departments.
- Conduct of examination for admission to RIMC, Dehradun.
- Conduct of Half yearly examination for IAS and IPS Officers and proficiency tests for AIS Officers.
- Watching of temporary appointments exceeding 3 months and according concurrence for their continuance.
- Consultation in cases of appointment of contract extending over 5 years (regulation 16).
APPSC Drug Inspector
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) conducts entrance exam for the post of Drugs Inspector (Gazetted) A.P. Drugs Control Administration Service and the qualifications for the same is as follows:
- Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science or Medicine with Specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a University founded in India by Law.
- Age Limit should be between 18-34
Application and Selection of Drug Inspector
The application form can be requested and downloaded from the APPSC official website and specified Post Offices. Application form completely filled along with self-attested Xerox copies of the specified certificates, testimonials, and crossed Demand Draft of specified fee is to be send to Address: Printer & Publisher, APPSC Udyoga Samacharam, APPSC Office, Prathibha Bhavan, M.J. Road, Nampally, Hyderabad-1.
Selection of drug Inspector is done on the basis of Written Test and Personal Interview.